Job Title: Full Stack Software Developer
Location: Santa Clara, CA or Dallas, TX
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
ECSite is looking for a talented and creative Portal Backend/Frontend Software Engineer. If you are passionate about developing new and simple user experiences, solving difficult problems, and writing solid code, this is a perfect job for you! You will play a critical part in defining and building the next-generation communications and automation infrastructure.
- Architect, build, iterate and manage our portal applications.
- Spearhead every aspect of the Portal development process from requirements, design to development and maintenance.
- Work closely with our design, product, and Engineering team to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our users.
- Write high quality and maintainable code and unit-test for quality assurance, robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Constantly innovate and envision new solutions and features to continuously improve our solution.
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, with familiarity in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for web solutions.
- 4+ years experience working on modern web frameworks across the frontend and backend.
- Preference for MERN stack experience.
- Worked with MongoDB or another NoSQL document database in a production environment especially with managed offerings such as Atlas and Realm.
- Backend development experience, especially using Node.js and implementing secure frameworks.
- Knowledge and Experience in Microservices and Micro Frontends.
- Experience working with DevOps and CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, Travis CI, or similar tools.
- Some experience developing for and maintaining cloud environments on AWS, GCP, or Azure. Especially experience working with serverless environments such as Elastic Beanstalk and containerization tools such as Docker.
- High comfort level working scripting languages such as bash, python, etc. to accomplish tasks.
- Preferred: Experience using and developing GraphQL APIs, schemas, and clients
- Preferred: Worked with an infrastructure configuration management tool such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Constantly looking to innovate and improve the product, but comfortable just getting things done when necessary.
- Believes automation is the answer to everything and isn’t satisfied with good enough.
- Independent professional that works best under broad and general direction.
- Highly competitive, assertive with a passion to “win” and “teach”
ECSite will not sponsor work authorization for this position. ECSite is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.