Requisition Id: 2020IN-03
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Android Mobile App Development
Location: Chennai / Bangalore, India
Reports to: Tech Lead, India
ECSite is one of a kind startup dealing with highly technical data collection and analysis in the telecom industry leading to the 5G revolution. Our software plays a pivotal role in the installation and commissioning of Telecom Systems of Tier 1 operators like Verizon and AT&T, Data-Analysis, and AI/ML-based modeling of various meta-data collected through the app. Launched in 2018, ECSite has made a significant impact on automation in the telecom industry with customers in the Fortune 500 companies.
We are motivated individuals helping each other achieve remarkable things. Automating difficult tasks is in our core DNA. We love challenges and conquer them together as a team. A look at our whiteboard will tell you how much we love to learn, discuss, and collaborate. Our founding team with roots in Stanford and UC Berkeley has an excellent track record in launching successful startups.
We have product development teams in India and the US. The teams in India work closely with the development team in the US as well as the product management/customer support teams in the US.
The product development team at ECSite is actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer with rich experience in developing Android Mobile Applications for End-to-End Cloud solutions. You will interact with the various stakeholders including product development & product management teams, understand the requirements and design, develop and test to complete the features. This is primarily a hands-on technical role involving full life cycle product development responsibilities.
The following are typical (but not limited to) responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer role.
- Requirement analysis and design, application development and testing, code and design reviews
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and defects in environments; analyze performance and design inefficiencies.
- Must follow Agile product development, best practices for development such as continuous integration, unit and integration testing, and code coverage analysis.
- Prepare estimates, meet the commitments for the sprint and releases.
- 6+ years of experience in software development (Java preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in Android app development
- Experience in shipping multiple Android apps to Google Play and/or Amazon App Store, supporting various form factors, resolutions, and SDK levels
- Experience with the full life cycle of software development, including requirements analysis & design, development, and testing.
- 4+ years with Android UI Framework and SDKs
- 4+ years with JSON/ XML and RESTful Web Services
- 4+ years developing with IDEs (Android Studio highly preferred)
- 4+ years using source control and build tools (Git and Gradle preferred)
- Knowledge of relational database design and document-based databases like MongoDB/Couchbase/DynamoDB
- Familiarity with Kotlin (1+ years of experience preferred)
- Familiarity with Location Tracking, Connecting, and managing devices using Socket or Bluetooth
- Familiarity with ticketing/bug tracking systems like Jira
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to work in a quick-paced, dynamic environment
- Eager to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Passion and interest in Android and other Google technologies a plus
- BE/ME in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience with Python
- Experience with product development for Telecom domain
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.