Job Title: Xamarin/C# Developer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
ECSite is looking for a talented and creative Xamarin/C# Software Developer. If you are passionate about developing new and simple user experiences, solving difficult problems, and writing solid code, this is a perfect job for you! You will play a critical part in defining and building the next-generation communications and automation infrastructure.
- Architect, build, iterate and manage our many Xamarin/C# mobile applications.
- Spearhead every aspect of the Xamarin app development process from requirements, design to development and maintenance.
- Work closely with our design, product, and engineering team to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our users.
- Write high quality and maintainable code and unit-test for quality assurance, robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Constantly innovate and envision new solutions and features to continuously improve the app.
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, with familiarity in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for mobile apps.
- 4+ years of relevant experience of developing Xamarin/C# apps (Preferably apps released into the Windows Store)
- Experience in Xamarin and Xamarin Forms.
- Understanding of the MVVM design pattern.
- Understanding of dependency injection.
- Knowledge of various communications and connection protocols like BLE, WiFi, NFC and Socket, and experience developing applications using them.
- Experience in multi-thread architecture, complete life cycles of applications.
- Strong understanding of designing custom UI with an intuition for UX and consumer behavior.
- Understanding of design and use of RESTful web services to create connected applications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git. Familiarity with Continuous Integration.
- Basic Experience in writing Unit Tests using JUnit or a similar framework.
- Knowledge of Ethernet instrument control protocols like LXI/VXI11 is preferred but not needed.
- Bonus: Experience in developing offline apps
- Bonus: Experience with Mongo and Realm
- Bonus: Experience with UWP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Independent professional that works best under broad and general directions.
- Highly competitive, with the goal to constantly improve.
ECSite will not sponsor work authorization for this position. ECSite is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.